Wood is beautiful, renewable and sustainable.
In fact, wood building materials are better for the environment than many of their steel, concrete and synthetic counterparts. In addition to being sustainable, renewable and energy-efficient, wood building materials have less global warming potential, according to Life Cycle Assessment studies (LCA).
Read more on climate change
Why build with Tolko products:
- Wood is the only major building material that is both renewable and sustainable over the long term
- Wood building materials are energy efficient
- Wood building materials require less energy to manufacture, transport, construct and maintain
- Wood insulates better than concrete and steel
- Wood frame structures are easy to insulate
- Wood frame buildings are durable and adaptable
- Wood frame building structures stand the test of time