Keeping a good thing going.
Tolko is the largest non-integrated chip producer in British Columbia and co-products is one of our core businesses. Our co-products include residual and whole log chips, sawdust, shavings and dark hog (bark).
- We have a chip supply base of 1,265,000 BDUs in BC and Alberta
- We also produce 620,000 BDUs of sawdust and shavings and 750,000 BDUs of hog
- We ship our co-products via rail and truck (approx. 130,000 trucks and railcars)
- We utilize Fibreco Export in North Vancouver to send chips to export markets in the U.S. and Japan
- We consume 200,000 BDUs in our Armstrong co-generation facility and 50,000 BDUs in our Kelowna co-generation facility
- Market pulp production
- Paper production
- Particleboard, MDF, power production, animal bedding
- Wood pellets
- Interior balsam
- Douglas fir
- Seven sawmills
- Three plywood/veneer facilities
- Four whole log chippers
- One sawmill
- Two OSB mills
- One OSB mill
See our division locations here.