Committed to safety.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. It rests with all levels of management and with each and every employee. Together, we’ll work to ensure a safe and healthy workplace through a commitment to our company value of respect.
Our Health & Safety Policy
Tolko is committed to an incident-free workplace where safety is the top priority.
Management and employees will ensure a safe and healthy workplace through a commitment to our company value of respect.
Tolko’s Management Team will develop and maintain safe work practices and procedures to guide our operations. This includes ensuring that employees receive appropriate education and training necessary to carry out their work in a safe and efficient manner. Employees will actively participate in health and safety initiatives and challenge operating principles they believe can be improved.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. It rests with all levels of management and with each and every employee. All laws and regulations pertaining to Health and Safety must be strictly adhered to.
Activities that support this policy are:
- Making safety a condition of employment;
- Operating effective divisional health and safety committees;
- Annual reviewing of divisional health and safety programs;
- Communicating health and safety responsibilities;
- Conducting employee orientations with an emphasis on safety;
- Identifying workplace hazards and take timely corrective action;
- Integrating health and safety into all business planning and decision making;
- Recognizing employees for their contributions to a healthy and safe workplace, and
- Ensuring continuous improvement by reviewing our health and safety performance and reporting to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
It shall be the responsibility of senior management to ensure:
- That adequate standards, policies, procedures and work practices are established and maintained;
- Maintenance of buildings and equipment to provide a safe working environment;
- And that their managers, supervisors and employees are instructed and trained in safe working practices.
It shall be the responsibility of managers and supervisors to:
- Ensure that employees are instructed and trained in safe working practices to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and established Tolko policies and procedures;
- Take appropriate action and report to senior management any real or potential safety or health hazards; and
- Conduct safety meetings, incident investigations and regular safety inspections.
It shall be the responsibility of every employee:
- To carry on the responsibility and action of safe work rules, regulations and the Tolko policies and procedures;
- To eliminate all incidents in the work place by identifying any real or potential health or safety hazards while taking appropriate actions.
- To take responsibility and work in a wise and safe manner to avoid risk to themselves and others.
Issue date: August 2008