The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. We are monitoring reports of COVID-19 on an ongoing basis, as well as the recommendations of public health authorities. Our objective is to take the appropriate precautions against potential exposure of our employees.
- Only those visitors who are required for our business operations to continue are permitted on site.
- Required visitors must be pre-approved by Plant Manager, VO Department Manager, or designates.
- External visitors include contractors, customers, vendors, truck drivers, etc.
- All other external visitors to our sites should be rescheduled or cancelled to reduce risk.
- Where possible, candidate interviews should be conducted via web or teleconference.
- Access to Tolko sites will be denied if:
- visitors have travelled to high risk areas (this includes Canada Public Health Authority notices for Level 3 and Level 4 areas) or on cruise ships in the past 14 days;
- they have been exposed in the past 14 days to anyone with flu-like symptoms or diagnosed with COVD-19; or
- they are displaying flu-like symptoms themselves.
- We are not asking contractors or other visitors to get tested for COVID-19. We have been advised by hospitals that they are unlikely to test those who want to be “cleared to work.”
- A self-declaration form has been provided to Tolko employees and can be distributed to any required visitors.
Our business is continuing to operate during this period, and we will work with employees, customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders to advise of any changes as this situation develops.
We appreciate your understanding and support in ensuring the health and well-being of our employees and in ensuring business continuity.
- Government of Canada Travel Health Notices
- World Health Organization
- Centre for Disease Control and Prevention
- Health Canada
- Guidance for better mental health during the pandemic (UK resources from rehab4addiction UK)
- COVID-19 mental health and addiction resources (U.S. resources from Ark Behavioral Health)
- How COVID-19 has affected substance abuse (U.S. resources from AddictionResource.net)
- Addiction and drug relapses during COVID-19 (U.S. resources from detoxrehabs.net)