The Tolko Safety Net
As a family-owned company, we look out for each other and make sure everyone is safe. No matter the position you hold at Tolko, whether you're moving lumber in the yard or crunching numbers in the office, nothing is more important than your safety.
To make sure our employees get home safely every day, we make safety more than a goal or statement. At Tolko, safety is a core value – one we wouldn't exist without.
Today, we're working towards an injury-free workplace at all of our sites. In order to do this, we maintain a robust safety culture by encouraging our team to create safety solutions and hold to them on a daily basis.
How we go “beyond the norm” to manage our employee’s safety:
- A well-rounded health and safety management system
- Rigorous compliance with regulations and standards
- SAFE certification and regular audits at all our operations
- Integrated safety risk assessment processes in all aspects of our business processes
- Investing in training and education to continually improve safety awareness and knowledge of our people
- Encouraging a transparent culture for anyone to speak out against unsafe acts
Safety doesn't stop with our employees. From workers to contractors to visitors, we ensure everyone on site understands and follows our requirements to maintain a safe environment. It's only by ensuring the safety of all that we can achieve success.
Our safety values are non-negotiable: from the timber planer and office members, to the leadership team. This co-operative effort is essential to achieve and sustain safety excellence and is a cornerstone of our “Culture to Care.”